Thursday, November 5, 2009

What a week it has been, more like an emotional roller coaster. I haven't been able to write lately so I'm going to back up some. Monday I was thankful to make to monday. My ultrasound showed that the fluids decreased to 2.2. It's getting harder and harder for the nurses to draw blood. Which is more and more painful. I'm still got the IV in and everytime we plug it so that I can take a shower, I clot easily. Which makes it painful getting hooked back up and getting the IV flushed. But I got the shower with my hand wrapped in plastic and hanging out the shower, so it makes it alittle difficult to do everything with one hand. While i was in there my machine starts beeping and I think I smell something burning. So in a panic I pull the "Call for help" in the shower and within seconds two nurses were in the bathroom to help. My machine was OK and the burning smell was the tape that wrapped the plastic on my arm.


But I got to thinking that when we need the Lord all we have to do is Call for help and He is there and believe me I'm calling on that help on a daily basis.


Tuesday was a terrible emotional day. It started about 5:30 am when I had blood drawn plus a urine culture. The day was down hill from there. My IV in my arm was so sore so the IV team came to put in a new one. The first try she burst my vein and the second time was place in my hand. The most tender spot and most difficult to work with. So the tears are streaming by this time. This nurse talked about a cathetar in my arm and within 20 minutes two new nurses with this machine came in to do it. I had called Joey during this time very upset and he said to tell them that I didn't want to do it till he could be there. They understood and talked to me alittle bit but I was not in the right frame of mind to do anything.

Joey came that night and a nurse came to talk to us and answer any questions. I was just scared and nervous about this new found knowledge that I clot easily. By bedtime my eyes were red as could be and buring from all the crying. I was looking forward to my Ambien that night. What I'm I talking about I look forward to it everynight.


I slept great that night but woke up already thinking about the day. We decided that this PICC line cathetar would be the best thing for me and would save me from being stuck with a needle anymore. My arms were sore and bruised and could not take any more.

My nurse Pauline took my vitals which was good and she left me to get some more sleep, but in the matter of minutes things started changing. I started feelin dizzy and clammy. I ate a couple of crackers but it wasn't helping. I called Pauline back in and my BP was 60/37. They

No comments:

Post a Comment