Friday, November 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Oh how sweet it is to be home. Wednesday night, Jaci and Joseph were so excited to see me and I felt the same way. It's amazing how you can miss the little things of your home. Looking around my house is very different now. I love my house. I love my sweet family and all of you who have helped, prayed, and just showed us love. Just saying Thank you doesn't seem like enough, so we pray that God would bless you.

Thursday, Joey and I were able to go back and see Jena. She is doing so good and making improvements everyday. Joey did go back to work today, and man, I missed him. Thankfully the morning helpers, Granma and Aunt Cretia, came back to help this morning getting the kids ready for the day. We gave them a break Thursday morning but told them that we were not through with them yet. And they seemed OK with that.

I can't drive for two weeks so I'm depending on others to get me to the hospital to see Jena everyday and to give them breast milk that I have pumped. Ok, that is hard work!! Every two hours but it is worth it. Jena has been taking the milk very well and as of tonight she is taking 8cc of milk and able to hold it down. Which is wonderful. The nurse Jan told me today that she needs to get up to 30 cc which is 1 oz. They move her up every 6 hours now which it was every 12 hours. She is being fed through a feeding tube. But doesn't seem to mind. I did get to hold her today for almost an hour. Which is a long time for a preemie. Normally 15 to 20 minutes is all the stimulation they can handle. But she seemed content in her mommies arms. I talked to her about love. That so many people loved her but it was nothing like the love of Jesus. I sang Jesus loves Me to her several times and she never made a face, so I guess she approves of my singing.
We have the plan that someone bring me to the hospital and drop me off and Joey comes by on his way home from work and gets me. That way he gets to see Jena too. Thank you Amy for bringing me today.
She wasn't as wide eyed today as she was yesterday. She looked around for a long time and when we would talk to her she looked right at us. Hopefully she is learning who mommy and daddy are.

Campbellton is having a baby shower for us Saturday night but I will not be there. I still can't do to much in one day so if my choice is shower or Jena... Jena wins hands down. Thank you Campbellton family. Thank you Prays Mill family.

Please keep Jena in your prayers and that she continues to make progress. Pray for me and my recovery and for the cough that I picked up in the hospital from dry air to go away. It makes the belly hurt bad.

Keep Joey in your prayers as he still has many hats to wear. And as he tries quickly to get the house prepared for when Jena comes home. Much still needs to be done in our basement. He is thinking of taking vacation time now to get it done.

Blessing to you,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment