Sunday, November 8, 2009

Family Day

Today, we went to see Lisa. The young ins love to see their mama. They miss her very much and the longer daddy has to feed and bath'em they miss her even more. They used to like bath time and daddy don't play, we're in there to get a job done and get on with it. I took out two bags full of toys and still left some to occupy them with. Nevertheless, it doesn't get any easier day by day. Lisa had a difficult start today, she had some bleeding and was concerned, but the doctors said since it was not continuous that it was OK. They said she needs to lay flat and only sit up to eat and go to the bathroom. The goal is still for Nov. 20, she will be 34 weeks. Baby J is looking good, heart rate is fine and movement is good. We don't understand everything, why stuff happens, but we know God is still in control. We must ask ourselves in difficult times. 1. What does God want me to see about who He is? 2. What does God want me to see about myself? and 3. How is God trying to grow me? We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. In the mean time we will wait upon the Lord, knowing that He may not put more on us than we can bear and always provide a way through the storm, but He will put enough on us to keep us humble and depending on Him because His strength is made perfect in weakness. God Bless and thanks again for lifting us before the throne of grace in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

Joey

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys! I can't wait to hear today's blog (Monday). You are both a blessing to me...Joey I watched in amazement yesterday as you did 2 people's job. God is so good. In a devotion I am reading daily this was a quote...hold on to it, it may help when you are on a mountain top to remember what God has done for you guys in this valley as you seek the answers to those questions listed above... :) Charles Spurgeon, "Never question in the dark what God showed you in the light." "Psalm 119:83 For I have become like a wineskin in smoke, yet I do not forget Your statutes." Jonny Hunt, "It really is true that we learn more in the valleys than on the mountaintops; however, thank God for the mountains. Have you ever felt like a 'wineskin in smoke'? The Psalmist was referring to containers used for water, wine, and milk that were made out of animal skins. These containers, due to smoke and fire, often dried up and shriveled. As a result, they became useless. Talk about a dry spell-the psalmist felt parched in his spiritual life! His request was for a word from God that he believed had power and potential to bring transforming power to his life."
    Mr. Hunt ended the day with this prayer..."I cannot count the times that I have felt useless. Aas I study Your Word, I am made aware that I am not alone. Help me to learn the lessons of those that have gone before me, and help me to leave a faithful trail that would speak of Your faithfulness to the next generations. Lord, when I feel that I do not have the strength to come to You, please come to where I am and breathe Your transforming breath into me. You are my only hope to stand in this world with all of its distractions and temptaions. I look to You alone now." Reading his prayer spoke to me as much as the devotion did, and may it be our prayer for myself and for you that as we are in a place of weakness and do not feel the strength to step to Him, that He has not left our side and just tightens His grip on his child.
    I love you bunches! I hope you can follow my random thoughts....you know me!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete