Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Whats Love got to do with it?

I Love my family! I Love my hubby my hun!! I Love that he is concerned about me and hoping that I don't go insane within the walls of our house. I'm not quite there yet, thankfully. I look at it as my job as a mom. These are my kids and I Love them and God gave them to me to take of them. I Love that I got out of the house last night and my hun took me out to eat and we got to share it with a wonderful, godly couple. I Love that we have grandparents next door and are always there for us and ready to help anytime that they can. Know who else I Love...Jesus!! Because He Loves me even when I don't feel lovable.
So....whats Love got to do with it....everything.
As Christians we have many purposes. Love God. Matthew 10:37-39 tells us that we are to Love God above anyone else, even our family. Is this easy...no and no one said it would be. Of course sometimes for me it is since I don't feel like some in my family are lovable either.
But we are to Love God with all our heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:34-38). And of course we are to Love others just like Jesus has loved us (John 13:34-35). We don't want to say we Love God and not others cause then we become liars( 1 John 4:7-21).

1 John 3:18 says, "My children, love must not be a matter of words or talk; it must be genuine, and show itself in action." So not only do we need to say we Love but we need to show Love. Our family has been so blessed by others showing their Love for us by not just their words but their actions. We are forever grateful.

Do you Love Jesus? Do you know that He died on the cross for you and I and this whole world because He LOVES us (John 3:16)? If you don't, I hope that you will and turn your life over to Him so that He can show you how much He Loves you.

Blessings to you

No comments:

Post a Comment