Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WOW! I got about 6 hours of sleep last night. Dr. Fox changed Jena's formula cause she was having so much trouble with spitting up and she changed it to Similac Sensitive RS which has rice starch in it. It's thicker. We still put cereal in her bottles so we had to go to a fast nipple and added more cereal. She finished her bottle in 5 minutes this morning. She was so happy. It had been taking her 30 or more minutes to finish a bottle. So far she has only spit up a little, which is great. She will probably start really gaining some weight now.
I took Joseph to the Dr. yesterday for his head. He fell at church one Sunday in nursery and hit his forehead which now he has a scare from and it seems like when he falls now he hits this same spot. He has a bump on his head from these falls and I was afraid it would turn into a cyst or something worse. But she mashed on it and around it and Praise the Lord it's not a cyst. I suggested him wearing a helmet but she didn't seem to want to go that route. She measured his head, which he cried like you would have thought he was getting a shot and she was just using a paper measuring tape. But his head has not grown in the last 5 months which is great. So maybe his little body will catch up to his big head and stop some of this falling. That would be a relief to me.

So since Jena sleep long, it was about 5am when she got her bottle and so after she laid back down I was able and ready to read my Bible. I was not so tired that I could read. It was great. I read Deuteronomy 10:12-13 and just thought on these verse.
What does God expect from me? I have a hubby and house to take care of, 3 kids and all this laundry to do. These verse tell me that He expects me to respect Him, to fear Him in a reverence way. To walk in His ways not mine and to Love Him with all my heart.
I have got some work to do. Thankfully like the child's song says, He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be. I hope He never gets finished with me. Even on the days that I get so frustrated, He never gives up on me. And I am so thankful.

Thankful for ~ my hubby, my kids, my house, all that laundry, Joey's job, our vehicles, praying for a bigger vehicle to carry all of us, our family and friends and our church family.
Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment