Friday, April 16, 2010

The Milestone

It is amazing to think back to the night I went to the hospital, not knowing what was going to happen to my unborn child, who for some reason wanted to try and come into the world at 28 weeks. So many days and nights have past since that night but it is still fresh on my mind.
Today we have a beautiful baby girl....Jena Danyel. She brings a smile to my face every time I look at her, she has blessed my life so much. She is feisty, strong and willing to not let her pre-mature status stand in the way. Yesterday at Poppa and Nana's while I went to the dentist, she turned over from her back to her tummy and then again after we got home and Jaci was able to witness the great accomplishment. Both times I was not present. Even though I was excited, I was sad that I had missed this milestone.
But....I was not going to miss it again. I got her in the floor to play and I waited for her to try and sure enough it was not long......and she did it and I saw it. She turned over!!! She looked proud of herself and I surely was.
There is one thing for sure....she does not like being on her tummy. Once she is on her tummy she is trying to turn back over. It is kinda funny. I really didn't think she would accomplish this so fast. I looked back in baby books last night and Jaci turned over at 13 weeks and Joseph was 4 months old. So she truly is doing well for herself. You never know she might decide not to let this prematurity thing stand in the way. She may be sitting up, crawling, standing, and walking all on own before 9 months just like her sissy. We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment