Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jaci's year as a Kindergartener....

It seems like yesterday that we were all getting ready to walk out the door on her first day of school and she says, "Come on family...lets go to kindergarten." And that's just what we all did. Now the year is over and she graduates to 1st grade.

Jaci received many awards....
~Accelerated Reader award
~Running Award-37 laps
~Awesome Art Award
~Music Award
In her classroom,
~Friendship Award
~Learning over 100 sight words
~For being a Great Line Leader
We are very proud of her and all her accomplishments.

At her friends birthday party at Snip-its, she got the "Diva" look, and let me tell you, she was proud of it. It lasted for Sunday and Monday for school. You can't see it but glitter is all over her head. Just had to throw that in there...






Thinking back at the first of the school year Jaci experienced new things. She had a great first day of school..I was relieved. I was more worried about her carrying that big lunch tray without spilling her milk and going to the bathroom with me than I was about school work. Now the second day (no..I'm not going day to day) while she was in the bathroom waiting at a door, a girl swung the door open and Jaci got hit in the face. So I was ready to come and get her when her teacher called to tell me what happened. She had to have some ice but recovered quickly and she was not devastated like I was. It took me a couple of days to get over. I was ready to sign up for bathroom monitor.

Within the year she:
~started Awana at Pray's Mill
~Played soccer (not my favorite for her)
~we had the flood and missed many days of school
~Had to be without her mommy for 4 long weeks
~Had her skin tag removed from her ear (her wishes)
~Got a new baby sister in November and mommy got to come home
~Had some snow days that meant no school
~got pink-eye twice
~got strep three times
~got her 1st "boyfriend"
~got her 1st phone call from her friend (not the boy)
~Lost her great-great aunt Ora Belle
~She got to sing in her 1st Children choir
~She and I got to go to our 1st mommy/daughter tea
~played softball with the Lil Angels
~Had her 1st trip to the Varsity and Braves game (she walked the field)
~The last week of school she missed two day because of sickness.

I think she had a great year and I'm so thankful for the teacher she had, Ms. McLendon and Mrs. Wessinger, and we are praying for her 1st grade teacher...whoever that may be.

Our little princess is growing up way to fast for me. The summer will not be long but I pray that we make the best of each day we have no matter what we do.
Blessings to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment